How I Work
I’m a Master Nutrition Therapist and Certified Gluten Practitioner based in Denver, Colorado.
I specialize in healing children and young adults with depression, anxiety and behavior issues through a multifaceted whole body and whole life nutritional approach.
I work in collaboration with Dr. Mary Braud, a board-certified psychiatrist, certified functional practitioner, and trainee of Dr. Walsh. Our unique partnership provides our clients and their caregivers with holistic solutions that target root causes of illness alongside follow-through support to implement those solutions. We know how hard diet and lifestyle changes are – we’ve made them ourselves and supported family members through them – so we’ve come together to be able to provide our clients with the information, guidance, and availability we know is crucial to achieving results.
Our focus is on Functional Nutrition – the way that the millions of molecules in every bite of food you eat come into your body and affect how your cells behave, which translates into how you think, feel and behave.
Take caffeine, for example, which has an obvious and immediate impact on your mind and body – for some, it has positive effects of alertness, or relieving a headache, while for others it causes negative reactions like jitters, stomach ache, or irritability. In that same way, every nutrient you ingest affects your body and mind, though often in more subtle ways. Nutrition is the foundation for your physical and mental health and we work to harness this powerful tool to bring every cell and system in your body into balance to create healing and a lifetime of health.
I create a customized plan for integrating the protocol into our client’s life, including accessing medical grade professional supplements, suggestions for lifestyle adjustments, tools, strategies, recipes and menu plans. I work one-on-one with our clients to implement the plan, coaching and supporting them and their families on diet and lifestyle changes to create success.
We are a powerful healing team that combines the knowledge of the nutrient protocol with the support of a nutritionist for follow through.
Do you or your child…
- Get frequent colds or ear infections?
- Have anger problems?
- Suffer from anxiety? Depression?
- Struggle with hyperactivity?
- Have behavioral challenges at school?
- Have food and chemical sensitivities?
- Have poor stress control?
- Have sleep issues?
- Have a history of underachievement?
Have you been told …
- Your child has ADD or ADHD?
- That your child might benefit from psychiatric medication (with all its side effects)?
A holistic nutritional approach may be the answer. If you are looking for an easy, quick fix for your symptoms, then our approach isn’t for you. If you are interested in learning new tools to create healing and are willing to work together on creating a diet and lifestyle that establishes lasting health, reach out today for a consultation.
Areas of specialty:
- Digestive inflammation and whole body inflammation, including the brain
- Food and environmental sensitivities
- Behavior challenges
- Gluten-free lifestyle – I am a Certified Gluten Practitioner and can support you in implementing a gluten-free lifestyle
- Family nutrition counseling – rebalance the health of your family with a customized nutritional assessment and individualized plan